Delightfully Inspiring Thursday: Homemade Laundry DetergentPosted: February 9, 2012
I’ve been tackling my laundry room as my next big organization project, but I’m not quite finished. So…I though I’d share with you a mini project within my bigger project 😉 I’ve been seeing several homemade cleaners all over Pinterest and decided I wanted to try out the detergent since I’m on a laundry room kick. I feel like we go through laundry detergent so quickly around here, so I’m really excited about this opportunity to save some money! I followed THIS tutorial that makes enough detergent for approximately 9 months.
- One 4 lb box of Borax — $3.38
- One 4 lb box of Baking Soda — $2.12
- One 4 lb box of Super Washing Soda — $3.24
- 3 bars Fels-Naptha soap — $.97 each
- 2 containers Oxi Clean (approx 3.5 lb total) $3.86 each
- TOTAL COST = $19.37
I’ve done 2 loads of laundry so far and I’m happy with the way it’s working. I’ll let you know if I have any problems!