DIY Hostess GiftPosted: September 28, 2011
As a way to thank the beautiful hostesses of the baby shower, I wanted to make them a unique, fun, and budget friendly gift. I saw these DIY cupcake stands on I Heart Naptime, and it got my wheels to turnin’. I don’t really know how practical it is to have a stand for one cupcake so I wanted to make them a stand that could hold about a dozen. This is what I came up with…
(Please don’t mind the poor quality of the pics 😦 I used my point and shoot because my DSLR was out of battery life…boo)
If I was a true DIYer, I would have thought to take pictures of the process, but alas, I’m not and I didn’t. I’ll leave you with a supply list and a simple step-by-step tutorial.
- white spray paint
- yellow spray paint
- Mod Podge
- scrapbook paper
- 1 candlestick (Dollar Tree)
- 1 stove top burner cover (come in a pack of 2 at Dollar Tree)
- high-strength adhesive (I used 9001 from Hobby Lobby)
- Spray paint candlestick with white paint.
- Spray paint stove top burner cover with yellow paint.
- I used my Silhouette to cut the circles of scrapbook paper and the cupcake in the center.
- Once the spray paint is completely dry, place your circles around the outer edge and use the Mod Podge to secure them to the stove top burner cover.
- Next, Mod Podge your doily on top of the circles.
- Finally, Mod Podge the cupcake in the center of the doily.
- Once everything is dry, use your high-strength adhesive to stick your candlestick to the bottom of the stove top burner cover.